Home Insurance in Texas
At Whiteside Insurance Agency in Spicewood, TX, we do not sell you insurance. We provide security for your home and family. Whiteside Insurance Agency is dedicated to serving the needs of our Texas clients. We strive to keep you up to date as to changes in homeowner insurance options, policies, and level of coverage.
Each of our agents at the Whiteside Insurance Agency is an expert in home owner insurance options. They will discuss with you the type of homeowner's policies and the level of coverage that best fits your lifestyle and insurance needs.
Types of Policies:
Insurance Carriers offer many types of policies. You should consult with your Agent to help you determine the type of policy that will suit your needs. Most policies can be endorsed to add additional coverages not covered by the initial policy.
These are examples of policies offered:
- All-risk policies (also known as open perils coverage). These policies offer you broadest protection and cover causes of loss that are not specifically excluded. Typically offered for Owner Fulltime Occupied Homes.
- Named perils policies (also known as specified perils coverage). These policies define the specific perils for which they will provide coverage for. Typically offered for Owner Weekend or Tenant Occupied homes.
The Level of Coverage Has Three Options:
- Actual cash value to replace possessions or home minus depreciation.
- Replacement cost is calculated by the cost of repairing or rebuilding without deducting depreciation.
- Extended replacement cost is the most protection you can have with a guarantee of replacement costs.
Most homeowner’s policies include the following coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage in the event your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Personal Property Coverage for personal property (such as furniture, clothing, etc) that are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Other Structures Coverage to repair or rebuild structures not attached to your house, such as detached garages, storage sheds, and in some cases fences. These structures need to serve the dwelling.
- Outbuildings Coverage for special buildings like Barns and or Structures that only qualify for Actual Cash Value replacement.
- Loss of Use Coverage that pays your additional living expenses (housing, food, and other essential expenses) if you must temporarily move because of damage to your house from a covered peril. Coverage depends on the insurance company selected.
- Personal Liability Coverage to defend you in court against lawsuits. In addition, this provides coverage if you are found legally responsible for someone else's injury or property damage.
- Medical Payments Coverage for medical bills of people hurt on your property. A basic homeowners policy pays $500 in medical bills, but you may purchase higher limits of between $5,000 to $10,000 in medical payments coverage.
An agent can provide a quote for the cost of the policy or try our online rating tool. The best way to understand the policies and the level of coverage is to personally meet with one of our insurance agents who is available to answer all your questions. See what we have in mind for your personal insurance needs. Please visit us at our Spicewood, TX location or give us a call to set up a meeting with one of our agents.